Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Total Health Tuesday- Be a Balanced Hobbit

Sooo I went to see the Nutritionist last week. Honestly I wasn't expecting much more information than I had already found, but I figured it was worth a shot.
After looking at my food and exercise log she was really impressed with the kinds of food I have been eating and the workouts I have been doing.
We talked about where I thought my weaknesses were and she helped me not to beat myself up for them so much.
For example Fast food: If I'm out I will eat it. I fully expected her to lecture me about being prepared and packing a cooler but instead she gave me a little cheat book with all the restaurants in it and pointed out to me the stuff I COULD have. And not just the yogurt.
There are some things that are actually within calorie range... just not in a meal form. She said if I want a meal I have to have a Happy Meal. I thought that was funny.
She also pointed out to me that although I am eating healthier than the average American, I am not eating a balance of all the food groups. I may hit them by the end of the week but not daily like I should.
She suggested that I eat from 3 food groups at each meal and or accompanying snack.
She even gave me a cute little illustration of the food groups. Awe how nice.

The final area she wanted me to focus on was my balance of calories throughout the day. Not equally though. She wanted me to eat heavy in the morning, lighter for lunch, and very light for dinner.
"Eat like a King for Breakfast, a Prince for Lunch, and a Pauper for dinner."~Unknown

She also asked what my day looked like and decided that there was way too much time from the moment I get up to the time I eat with the kids. "So in all reality you need to eat TWO Breakfasts."
Great. So now I'm a Hobbit.
Shall we have Elevensies and Onesies to?

.....Well she thought it was funny.
So in the end my "homework" for her is to be Balanced Hobbit. Eat all my food groups everyday and have two breakfasts the first one being no later than 30 minutes after my morning workout. I am to keep this up and see her again in a month to track my progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...