Monday, March 21, 2011

Menu Planning Monday.

Since I started posting my menus for the week I have noticed the areas in which I was just not doing what I should. Like snacks. I know my kids (and I) need snacks but I never plan for them which often times leads to poor choices or whining over lack of choice. I'm trying to get better. It's hard with so much else going on to add one more thing to my plate. But, I like this being prepared and somewhat organized momma here lately, so I will work through this until it becomes second nature. And with that here's our week.

Breakfast:
Granola and Yogurt
Pancakes
Oatmeal
Egg-wiches
Cornmeal muffins
(Jakob has found a recipe book he likes at the library so we are in the process of deciding on those recipes for the remaining days)

Lunch:
Leftovers
Sandwiches
Soup and Salad

Dinner:
Hummus and Veggies with Ciabatta (sp?) bread
Black Bean enchiladas
Barley and Mushrooms with white beans
Greek spinach and Feta Pie
Indian Lentil pilaf
Black Beans and Rice Burgers
Ham and veggies

I am still working on freezer meals which will cut down my cooking during the move. My aim is to just work one in a week from now until the move so that I have at least a week's worth ready to go. So far I have
Chickpea Pot Pie
Potato Soup
Pinto Beans for burritos
Black Beans for soup or enchiladas
(we use dry beans so having them cooked an in the freezer still counts as preparation)

Snacks:Fruit, popcorn, veggie sticks, and hopefully granola bars

What are YOU eating this week? And don't forget to head over to Org Junkie to see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Allison,
Your menu for the week looks very good. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Thank you for sharing and have a nice day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...