Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Monday


As we are trying to eat more within the seasons I have come to recognize those "in between" times where the stores of last years harvest are all but depleted as are the ideas on how to revamp them. Warm soups are comforting but their constant appearance leaves even the most supportive eagerly eyeing the delivery man and secretly wishing he would just make a mistake one time and deliver here instead.
It doesn't help that our little seedlings are sprouting so quickly, teasing us with the ideas of fresh salads, juicy tomatoes, and mouth watering melons....

These were my thoughts while compiling my family's menu this week. As I browse the grocery store and see the prices of produce continue to climb it is VERY tempting to just "buy the box". But I have made a promise to my family to do all I can to keep us healthy. So I again search and search for new (and hopefully loved) or less used recipes to nourish my family for another week.
Here is what I have come up with.

Breakfasts:
Muffins, Pancakes, Oatmeal, French Toast

Lunch: Leftovers, Sandwiches, Salad, Tuna

Dinner:
Ham and Spinach Calzone
Macaroni Minestrone Soup (a la' Jakob)
Quinoa with Balsamic Roasted Mushrooms
Black Bean and Rice Burgers
Split Pea Soup
Broccoli Cheese and Rice Casserole
Indian Lentil Pilaf

Freezer Meals:
I added Butternut Squash Soup to the freezer this week. I have no clue what to add this week, and am sure that will all depend on the veggie deals I find at the store on Friday.

Don't forget to head over to Org Junkie to see what everyone else is eatin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...