Monday, March 14, 2011

Menu Planning Monday- The week of St. Paddy's


There's a Holiday this week so of course I feel compelled to cook especially for it. I will get to the rest of the week's menu in a Moment, but first here is what I have planned for Thursday:
Breakfast: Green Scones- The green will come from a little blended spinach and they will be filled with jam.
Am Snack- Celery Sticks with P-nut Butter
Lunch- Broccoli Casserole
PM Snack- Food from local St. Paddy Fair
Dinner- Corned Beef and Cabbage
Yay! So yummy and so good for you.. well I'm sure we won't choose too terribly at the Fair and the Corned Beef does have a lot of Salt, but I am really excited to celebrate all things green!

Now for the rest of the week-
Breakfast-
Oatmeal, pancakes, Zucchini Muffins, Eggs, English Muffins and Jam, Bagels with Cream Cheese
Lunch- Sandwiches, Tomato Soup, Leftovers, Spinach Pizza
Dinner- Sweet Potato Risotto, French Toast (By request), Stuffed Bell Peppers, Moroccan Tangine (sans chicken), Mushroom Stroganoff, Black Bean Enchiladas.

I am trying to find some easy and healthy doubling recipes so that I can stock my freezer and eat from that during out moving out period. Anyone have any suggestions?
For other ideas on what to feed your family this week visit Org Junkie for her Monday Menu link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...