Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in over at small things as we share what's on the needles and in our books.
This week everything's off the needles but in the process of being blocked. And being prayed over. Seems I found my first pattern that wasn't entirely clear on size. It's a little small. I'm hoping that blocking it out will make it just the right size.
I'm worried but Jakob's not. He seems to have every confidence in his Momma's work.



This week's reading is a random treasure from the Parenting shelves at the library.
Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
And a Soule Mama recommendation of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac: Projects for each Month of the Year.
Everyday Blessings is a very thoughtful and calming book. I'm not very far into it, but it seems lovely. Something I can really get into and apply to our lives.
The Knitter's Almanac is an older book but priceless really. The jewel inside is her seemingly foolproof formulas for sizing. It's math but its doable math and if you have read any of Soule Mama lately you know she is a believer!
I hope to utilize this for my next project!
Well that's me. What's on your needles and in your lap?

1 comment:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I do hope your blocking works and the size is right. Your Jakob sounds wonderful and so sweet.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...