Monday, April 25, 2011

When the grass dies

This year I thought it would be the coolest thing ever to grow our own grass for our Easter baskets.
"The Bunny LOVES real grass." I kept telling my kids as a reminder to water their trays of grass seed.
What looked like was going to be a total success quickly turned sour.
Just call me Betty Black Thumb.
Jakob watered diligently but Saturday evening he looked at me and said, "Mom, I just don't think the grass is going to make it."
Bummer.
Of course I had no "back up grass" and I REFUSED to brave the retail world the day before Easter.
So we painted....
Using old copy paper we just painted the evening away, then when the papers were dry we cut them into strips, scrunched them up, and Wa-laah! Easter Grass!
So now you know, "When the grass dies, Paint!"
Painting the Roses red just popped in my mind. I think I shall visit Wonderland now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...