Friday, April 8, 2011

Project Simplify #5- The one where I got to choose

I have really enjoyed working through these spots inspired by Simple Mom.
Space after space has opened up for my family and we have really flourished through the "less is soo much more" of it all.
To be honest I don't think I could have done this on my own.
For the past weeks I have eagerly awaited the next *mission* and prayed fervently that the task would not lead me to this...

My craft area. Well It was meant to be a craft area. It's down in the basement and away from the kids rooms so I can sew and create and even make a little noise if I wanted to late at night.
Problem is it got REALLY cold down there during the winter, and as I was cold enough during the day I didn't feel the need to subject myself further.
So that meant no real crafting, unless you would consider growing a mess craftiness.
No I didn't think so.
Well like I said I really hoped that she would not tell me to face this. It was too traumatic.
Funny thing about going through these past few weeks is... I've run out of places to organize.
I mean I can still go through the attic or the garage, but that's not really a one week job. So when Tsh said we had to choose our own spot to clean this week?
Gulp
I decided I couldn't put it off any longer.
I worked for three days 30 minutes a day and you know what? It really wasn't that bad. I was able to go through and yard sale box some stuff I knew I would never use (and looked like they were passed down from 3 Grandmas ago ie: 4 tubes of fabric cement), packed and organized fabric I didn't think I could get to before we move, and set out what I wanted to work on this week.
The results?
(I'm blocking the dress which is why its still on the ironing board, it doesn't take me THAT long to iron)
Stunning!
Now I haven't sewn yet down here, but Monday is suppose to be rainy so I think some skirts will be in order.
This is the last week of Project Simplify and to be honest I'm sad to see it go. I'm gona try to stay strong and finish this task and actually get to the garage and attic. I am so happy with how this has helped get things in order for our move.
Go check out other spots at Simple Mom!



1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...