Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Total Health Tuesday- When the Going Gets Tough...

(alternately titled; My Get Up and Go, Got Up and Went!)

Last week was RUFF!
Physically, emotionally, everything. I'm not sure really where this cloud came from, but for most of the week I felt a lot like Eeyore with my own personal little rain cloud of bad mood hovering over me.

By the end of the week I had not logged NEARLY as many miles as I normally would have, I felt like bleh, I was eating like bleh, and my consistency on logging my meals?
Bleh.
I really did feel gross all over but couldn't shake it enough to turn things around.
That is until I stepped on the scale *just* to see where I was.
Up.
Oh No! This is NOT going to happen. Things have been going good for too many weeks now for me to succumb to this waah waah attitude and ruin all my good work.
Ironically we touched on this in Sunday School.

So... I knew what I needed to do. Back to my Lose It! App, revamped my treadmill workout a little so I push my self and reward myself, and paid closer attention to what's actually happening this week so I can realistically plan my meals accordingly.

So far, MUCH better! The rain seems to be staying outside watering my mud where it should be instead of annoyingly tap tap tapping on my head. I feel a lot less bleh and hurt a lot less this week, which is always a good thing.
I do believe I need to really be aware of burnout and make sure I have more mental downtime than I have been allowing. I think that's where this all came from. It's a vicious cycle I tell ya!

So when the going gets tough, the tough get back to a SIMPLE routine.
Do you have any secrets to staying on course? How 'bout bad days? What do YOU do for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...