Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yarn Along


I'm currently reading The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison. This book is actually her second book to Mitten Strings for God (which I am *patiently* waiting for from the library). It is such a joy to read and eloquently speaks of the importance to slowing down, and embracing where you are right now. Just the quotes she has in this book are breathtaking and I could easily seeing myself purchase the book just for the lists of other titles mentioned within.
I HIGHLY recommend this as a read to anyone, especially those who just need a little reminder to keep it simple and quiet.
This week I am working on my Boy's sweater vest for Easter. I am using this pattern that I found free on the web. I don't like to purchase patterns as a general rule so that I can save and splurge on some nicer yarn because it feels so good to have great yarn sliding through my fingers.
This vest is an easy knit and I am almost finished thanks to strategically timed teleconferences like Feed Play Love.

Be sure the check out Small Things to see what others are reading and knitting.

6 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I just ordered this book so am glad to hear it is as good as I had hoped.

MJ said...

The book sounds lovely, and the Easter vest is a beautiful blue!!

amanda {the habit of being} said...

what a lucky boy to have a new vest for easter!

Erin said...

I love the blues! It's a wonderful little knit!

house full of jays said...

I love the blue vest! Thanks for sharing about the book - it sounds very good!

Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about that book!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...