Thursday, March 18, 2010

We have Orders!!!

My hubby received news on Monday that we are moving to Rhode Island! I am so happy because this was his first choice and it's gonna be a very important step for him. He will be officially "in charge" of an aspect of a station. The technical term is EPO..... because the military doesn't use words like "manager" and such, that's too much like civilian terms for them ;-)

We are super excited to get the chance to live in such a beautiful place that is so full of history and culture. I am especially excited to check out the libraries and local theaters! Yeah I know I'm a dork, but that's ok. We are still unsure of the living situations but that comes with time. The big issue right now is the fact that they want him up there May 1st!! Hazel has a surgery scheduled for April 30th so it looks like I will be managing the move by myself. We have already decided that the kids and I will take our time and visit family along the way up taking about a month to get up to Rhode Island. Hopefully this will give us enough time to find a place to live on the economy, and give Mike enough time to get acclimated to his new job and its demands without me tapping my foot asking him when he's gona be home. Not that I have EVER done THAT! :-D

Now as a learning tool, I am hoping to give my kids a crash course in traffic sign reading. This will help as I spend some 24+ hours on the road with them in the car. We taught Jakob about reading the exit signs before and he would count up or down until we got to the exit we needed to take. This REALLY helped with the "Are we there YET?!?!" I will be using a GPS to get us there, but I am going to get some simple maps together so that they can help follow along in the car. Jakob's will be more road, exits, and landmarks. Hazels will have mostly our planned stops and pictures of where family lives along the way.

So that's what's going on so far. If anyone has any suggestions on car activities, please PLEASE, Share!! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...