Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!

I cannot tell you how excited I was to throw an official Dr. Seuss Party today! For some reason I missed out on this event in school and really wanted to relive the moment. Ha, ha, I know I'm a kid. I invited a few of our friends over that we don't usually get to see and had a the best time. Well I did anyways. And that's all that matters right? :-)

On the menu first was every kids favorite PIZZA!! I got this idea from my Parenting magazine. It was so fun and easy!


For dessert we had a little sweet treat inspired by another blog Superheroes and Princesses Aren't they cute?


Here is a picture of the official spread. I was so proud of myself for not going too overboard. I do that quite often. :D


Every once in a while I come up with a pretty cute idea on my own. I decided to read "The Lorax" and for an activity we planted "Truffula Trees". Now this story is pretty long and has some pretty stern language in it that I did not realize until reading it in front of 5 3-4 yr olds! It was easily avoided and I had to skip quite a few pages cause the story was so long. In the end we took our Truffula Seeds that the Onceler gave us and planted them just like he said. I used newspaper in the bottom to help keep the water from streaming out for the drive home and a spray bottle for watering. Who doesn't love to play in the dirt and spray water INSIDE?!?!

As you can tell Hazel was thrilled!
And since all of that took maybe 30 minutes and it was raining outside we played a version of Twister called "Let's see how hard Ms. Allison can laugh!" It was fun, I would call out a body part and a color and they would go for it. As you can tell here it was, "Head on Green."



All in all it was a success and I finally was able to celebrate Dr. Seuss's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...