Sunday, June 12, 2011

Menu Monday


This week I find myself with a plethora of veggies.
Our summer CSA has started and I am extremely thrilled with the amount of Yum in my fridge right now.
That being said, we have to eat this stuff quick so it doesn't go to waste. Seems like with our recent hectic schedule that pick up day comes so quick.

Here's what we have this week.
Breakfast:
Smoothie
Oatmeal
Eggs
Pancakes
Muffins
Granola and Yogurt

Lunch:
Leftovers
Sandwiches and Salad (or fruit)
Tuna and crackers
Veggies and Hummus

Dinner:
Eggs in a Nest (Leftover from last week's menu)
Spinach Calzone
Broccoli Casserole
Potato Soup (for the rainy day)
Spinach Strawberry and Walnut Salad (a recipe from our CSA newsletter)
Spinach and Cheese quesadillas

Can you tell we have a bit of Spinach? Anyone have any tried and true Smoothie recipes with Spinach or Kale that are kid friendly? Or do I just throw a handful in when they're not looking and go with it?

Also I finally found a stash of Bob's Red Mill flours of various kinds at a local shop so I will be experimenting with a loaf bread and pita bread and tortillas. I hope to at least find a decent loaf bread solution soon as paying $3 a loaf for spelt bread it a little pricey.

For more ideas on summer nourishment head over to Org Junkie and check out their Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...